Keto-friendly Tortillas

We made these tortillas tonight and they were fantastic!

Ingredients:
  • 150 g blanched almond flour (1.5 cup)
  • 6 tbsp psyllium husk powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1.5 tsp salt
  • 4 egg whites (1/2 cup)
  • ~1 cup of boiling water (added until proper consistency)
  • oil for frying (~1 tbsp)
Check out the instructions on the website linked above. These turned out perfectly pliable and cooked/toasted up perfectly for making soft tacos or fajitas. I tried a bit of one with a little bit of ghee and it reminded me of a buttery biscuit.

The only caveat with these is they are about 10g of carbs each, but they have 7g of fiber, so if you are a "net carbs" person, that's effectively 3g of carbs. If I was extremely serious about keeping carbs low, I'd limit myself to only one just in case.

This one is a little ugly, but it didn't matter to the flavor:


Comments

  1. That's my shaping handiwork. I am proud of my babies. Not ugly at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment