Chocolate Chip Cookies? No, wait... Scones!

I wanted to make a chocolate chip cookie, my one true dessert weakness.  I haven't seen a recipe that I was super excited about using a Google search on keto chocolate chip cookie recipe.  There were a lot of recipes with peanut butter, which is not PP friendly.  I finally settled on converting a gluten free recipe to a Keto recipe.  The following recipe is adapted from King Arthur Flour's website.

Ingredients:

  • 75-99 grams of Sukrin Gold (adjusted to your preference)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 30 grams salted butter, room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 190 grams almond flour, sifted
  • 85 grams Lilly's dark chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Mix Sukrin, baking soda, salt, and butter until smooth.
  3. Add everything else but chocolate chips.  Once combined, beat for 1 minute on medium.
  4. Stir in chocolate chips.
  5. Form dough into balls.  Place on lined cookie sheet and flatten. 
  6. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
  7. Let cool slightly and serve warm, with ghee if you love butter as much as me. 

We both thought the cookies were more like scones.  Didn't quite ring that chocolate chip cookie bell.  I went very conservative on the brown sugar substitute and the end result was slightly bitter.  I think I will do the full 99 grams next time.

I baked four and froze the remaining dough balls so I can enjoy a fresh baked scone at a later date.

Here are the pictures:
Keto Replacement Ingredients

Baked Scones



Comments