Smothered Pork Chops

Here is the link to this recipe.

I made this tonight for dinner.
Here is the ingredient list.  See the link above for the full recipe.
  • 4 (4-6 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • ½ medium onion, sliced
  • 6 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • ¼ - ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsleynm
I used coconut flour instead of xanthan gum because I didn't have the latter. The result was a boost in coconuttyness that was delicious. 

I think the cooking time is a bit much.  When cooking the pork I set my instant pot to pressure cook for ten minutes.  When the cooking was complete, I waited four minutes then opened the steam valve.  The pork measured close to 200 degrees F and was a little tough.  The flavor made up for it.  I think I need to either reduce the time or depressurize it sooner. I will keep experimenting because even a little tough, this pork was great!

Comments